
It looks like I'm gonna be busy. I think that most of the figuring out is done, now its down to the nitty gritty of making it.
I asked Drummerboy to help make the marshmallow guns, and at first glance he seems willing. I told him they have to be done by Thanksgiving and he acted like I was rushing things a bit. I just remember the year that Squeals was born, her birthday is Dec. 12 so I wanted everything to be ready by Dec. 1, and we actually did it. It was so nice for the month of Dec. not to have to stress over what we were getting who, and how we were going to pay for it. I honestly think that was one of the least stressful Christmas' we've ever had, and I had a brand new baby. So, I know it is possible to be ready by Dec. 1. Thats the goal.
I'm gonna keep a running tally of what we spend on Christmas this year. It will probably scare the socks off of me, but I don't want to spend a fortune. We have done that in the past, and then spend the next 6 months paying off the credit card. That is so dumb.
Here's to a budget friendly, thoughtfully handmade Christmas.
1 comment:
The excel spreadsheet is what I have been also doing for about 5 years. I even added 'formulas' so that it would automatically add up what I have spent so far. It keeps me under control with my spending.
It really is a great idea.
Post a Comment