
And you see that candelabra? Isn't that the greatest ever? I couldn't resist it when I saw it. Okay really, I resisted it the first time I walked by it, but the second time it jumped into the cart. Its haunted.
I actually made it into the sewing room yesterday, and actually got something accomplished.

This is one of about 4 baby quilts I made a few years ago. This one has been sitting waiting for a binding to be put on it. Its been hand quilted in 2 inch diagonal lines and its so puckery and cute. Luckily some poor soul in my neighborhood was hauling a bag of fabric scraps to D.I. and I rescued them and there was a perfect pastel stripe for the binding. Unfortunately there wasn't enough to cut it on the bias, but hey the price was great.

I also finished piecing the top for my Orange Crush mystery quilt. This has to be in the top 2 ugliest quilts I've ever made, not because the pattern is ugly, but because if it was gonna be called Orange Crush, it was going to be orange, and lime, and pink, and black. Whoa. But Stinker likes it, so it goes to him. Someday I'll talk myself into quilting it and giving it to him.
And just for fun, here is a picture of one of the first quilts I ever made, and the first quilt I ever machine quilted. It lives on Squealys bed until I get hers done.

It's all cheapo Walmart fabric and my free motion quilting really stinks on it, but its done.
I went and bought batting and backing for 2 quilts that my mom and I made a few years ago. I got one sandwiched last night and its ready to be machine quilted. I think they are going to be presents for the girls for Christmas so I can only work on them when Girlfriend isn't around to pay attention to what I'm doing. Squealy is oblivious to anything I'm working on thank heavens, so I can work on them while the older kids are in school. Ugh, I just realized the kids are going to be home in 45 minutes, and I haven't even started on it today. I better go see if I can get anything accomplished.
Have fun.
1 comment:
Your quilts are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing...and commenting on my blog.
I will definitely visit your blog often.
Post a Comment