Thursday, November 11, 2010

New Years Resolution -- Check

My resolution for 2010 was to get picture of my kids on my wall, and it finally is done. It only took me to, oh, about November to do it, but hey, who's counting?

So here goes:
Photobucket




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had to get pictures done fast, Brayden's braces come off next month, and Keeley's two front teeth will start growing in soon. Two mile markers I wanted to capture for both of them.

So here is what made these pictures so exciting. While we were down on the greenbelt (yeah, right, they can call it that, I guess) taking pictures, I was doing my best to not be yelling at kids to settle down and not get dirty, etc.

Craig had ran up to the car because I forgot something, we had just finished up 1 set of family pictures, and I was taking Caitlin's pictures. The other three yahoos were running around being psycho and I was ignoring them, focusing on Caitlin, when I heard screaming behind me. I turn around to find Brayden yelling and rolling on the ground holding his head.

Turns out he had been chasing Keeley when she ran under a tree. Brayden didn't realize that a 6 year old might be able to fit places he couldn't, and tried to follow her, smashing his head into a broken off limb. Blood and stitches followed.

Well, I wasn't going to pass up finishing our family pictures since everyone was dressed and the girls hair was done, so after the dr. stitched up the boy, we went back and finished. Some fancy photoshopping to take out the blood (notice the gel look on the left side of his head...nah thats matted blood, not gel), and there ya go...Family Pictures.

2 comments:

K said...

These are great photos! I am just still in awe of how much your kids have grown since we saw you last. It has been forever!!! Totally laughing at the little stitches experience. The photos are great. K is going to be getting braces on this month so Braden is lucky he is done.

West Family said...

I love these pictures! Such a great and fun family! We miss playing games with you guys! Your kids are so big! - I'm sorry I had to laugh about the stitches story (poor guy!) - its never boring with kids around!